- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Geoffrion proud of family’s NHL ties, wants more
Question of the Day
Nashville called him up Feb. 26, and he made his NHL debut that day against Dallas. He scored his first goal in Edmonton in his third game. Trotz credits Geoffrion’s quick success _ he just turned 23 _ with a willingness to stand close to the crease.
“It’s really big in his game,” Trotz said. “If you probably look at his college career, … I would say probably 75 percent of his goals were right in the slot area or the crease area. That’s how you’re going to score in this league too,” Trotz said.
Geoffrion credits watching current Flyers forward Scott Hartnell score from that area while with Nashville. That’s where Geoffrion completed his hat trick in Buffalo with his father in the stands. Danny Geoffrion had been in Toronto for an old-timers’ tournament and drove down with his friends to watch.
“It was pretty cool for my dad to be there and enjoy the moment together,” Geoffrion said.
Playing at home isn’t adding any pressure to someone seen as the homegrown player who could stoke fan interest. His mother handles any ticket requests, while he turns his phone off on game day. So far, he goes unrecognized except on game days when he wears a suit or is close to the arena.
“So Boomer, I’ll take. That’s pretty cool,” Geoffrion said.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq