- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
Message from NY Fashion Week: Consumer choices
Lauren visited the fineries of Asian fashion in bright-dragon embroideries, silks and satins, and the perfect fit of a slim silhouette.
This wasn’t a journey to bustling, contemporary China. It was regal and elegant with slinky velvet gowns and colorful jackets.
“I have always loved the glamour and sophistication of the 1930’s and its Art Deco and Chinoiserie influences. I see it as relevant and modern now,” Lauren said after the show.
There were many red-carpet evening gowns, which is not always his norm. A black-velvet column gown with a beaded jade-and-silver halter neckline, and the finale look, silver high-neck halter gown paired with a silver beaded hood, were among the most special.
He put the icing on New York Fashion Week.
Mizrahi sent poodles tinted pink, yellow and blue down his runway, along with tiered cakes to match his line of dresses in the same shades. Models wore poodle-esque black poofs on the top of their heads.
Large oversized bows draped over shoulders or across the backs of the line. Poodles popped up as pins at the waist.
Mizrahi, in a black poodle jacket, ran down the catwalk with one of the pooches at the end.
Khan received a standing ovation on closing night for a collection filled with what he does best: High shine and elegant glamour.
The Indian-born designer’s dresses were often blackless, sometimes flowing and most always glittery, some with beaded bodices, embroidered with floral threadwork and trimmed with ostrich feathers.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- CURL: Obama's foreign policy even worse than his domestic policy
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Jimmy Carter: Dont hurt Russian people with sanctions
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014