- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Crews clearing snow, abandoned cars from roads
WASHINGTON (AP) — Transportation officials in the mid-Atlantic region are working to remove dozens of abandoned cars and tractor-trailers left by motorists who spent hours trying to make it home during the height of a snowstorm.
Maryland State Highway Administration spokeswoman Kim Frum says crews are plowing around abandoned vehicles and getting tow trucks to move them. She says she has heard stories of motorists stuck for hours, and added that plows were stuck in the same backups.
In Washington, Department of Transportation spokesman John Lisle says after the challenging evening commute, the District’s roads were looking better Thursday morning.
Meanwhile, Metro has resumed service along main roads after pulling buses off the road late Wednesday when they became to difficult to navigate.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.