- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
Crews clearing snow, abandoned cars from roads
WASHINGTON (AP) — Transportation officials in the mid-Atlantic region are working to remove dozens of abandoned cars and tractor-trailers left by motorists who spent hours trying to make it home during the height of a snowstorm.
Maryland State Highway Administration spokeswoman Kim Frum says crews are plowing around abandoned vehicles and getting tow trucks to move them. She says she has heard stories of motorists stuck for hours, and added that plows were stuck in the same backups.
In Washington, Department of Transportation spokesman John Lisle says after the challenging evening commute, the District’s roads were looking better Thursday morning.
Meanwhile, Metro has resumed service along main roads after pulling buses off the road late Wednesday when they became to difficult to navigate.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014