- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
NUGENT: Donating to Obama feeds Fedzilla
Gas prices have doubled, groceries cost more, and that’s just the beginning
Internet sleuth Matt Drudge has a hyperlink on his website, drudgereport.com, to a story about President Obama raffling off dinner with him for a $5 donation to his re-election campaign.
There will be some mindless, bloodsucking liberal zombies who will donate five greenbacks in hopes of winning dinner with Mr. Obama, but that pool surely is shrinking. In this economy, even liberal moonbats ought to find a better way to spend five bucks than to take a chance on winning dinner with their favorite Marxist.
For instance, since Mr. Obama moved into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., gas prices have doubled. Food prices are "necessarily skyrocketing." So is unemployment. Faith that the president knows what he is doing as it pertains to the economy is in a nose dive.
Only private-sector capitalists understood that Mr. Obama's "hope and change" message during his presidential campaign was a masterful stroke of deception that would lead to an economic catastrophe. Nothing Mr. Obama said during the campaign or during his presidency has sent tingles up our legs. Instead, we hung our heads in shame, knowing that Mr. Obama's political values and economic policies would wreck America.
Donating five bucks or any other amount to Mr. Obama's campaign is giving money to a campaign that will continue to put people out of work, drive down home values, cause retirement funds to slide south and increase the burden for future generations of Americans with trillions of dollars in debt.
Who would do this? Who could be so politically ignorant and terminally naive as to vote against his own self-interest as well as to damage America by giving five bucks to Mr. Obama, who, if he wins in 2012, will have four more years to move his socialist agenda forward while driving America into the traffic jam of the Greek economic freeway?
Economic train wrecks are caused by politicians who either intentionally implement kamikaze economic policies to gain more power or believe Fedzilla should have even more control over our lives, or a combination of the two. Either way, an economic train wreck is sure to occur. And so it has.
And the economic malaise will continue so long as naive liberals and avowed socialists believe that stabbing themselves in the eye will somehow lead to better eyesight.
What liberals need to do is keep their five bucks. Put it in the gas tank or spend it at the grocery store. You may not be able to buy as much as you did before Mr. Obama was elected, but your five bucks would best be used by your spending it in your own self-interest rather than giving it to a guy who will use it against you.
Economic prosperity will occur once again when Americans realize that Fedzilla and those who feed it are the problem, not the solution. I've got five bucks that says so.
Ted Nugent is an American rock 'n' roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of "Ted, White and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto" and "God, Guns & Rock 'N' Roll" (Regnery Publishing).
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Obama: Nelson Mandela now 'belongs to the ages'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- Increase in battlefield deaths linked to new rules of engagement in Afghanistan
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements