- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Vikings sign Ponder, rest of rookies
MANKATO, MINN. (AP) - The Minnesota Vikings have signed all of their rookie class in time for the start of training camp, including first-round draft pick Christian Ponder.
The Vikings announced the moves on Sunday as players started to trickle into training camp at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Ponder was the 12th overall pick out of Florida State. Ponder will serve as the backup to newly signed free agent quarterback Donovan McNabb. But Ponder says he's competing hard to win the starting job as soon as possible.
Next up for the Vikings' front office could be new deals for linebacker Chad Greenway and running back Adrian Peterson. Greenway and coach Leslie Frazier say the two sides are talking about a long-term contract. Frazier added that a new deal for Peterson is a priority as well.
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We completely overhauled American health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Crimea votes in favor of secession, U.S. rejects
- McCain: 'Russia is a gas station masquerading as a country'
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014