- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
NBA Finals: LeBron warming up? Too late?
Dirk Nowitzki certainly can make that prediction come true.
There is a noticeable amount of Mavericks blue sprinkled in among all the white shirts that surround the arena here.
A large German flag was being waved behind the basket as Dirk Nowitzki was shooting at during pregame warmups, and plenty of fans are wearing his jerseys in the seats.
Mavericks franchise founder Donald Carter and his wife, Linda, a former high school basketball player who inspired him to bring the NBA to Dallas, were among the fans in the stands. He was of course wearing the white cowboy hat that was part of the club’s original logo. He still owns a portion of the club.
The blue might not stand out as much once the rest of Miami’s late-arriving fans show up. But some of them might be surprised to find themselves sitting next to someone dressed in blue.
Follow Brian Mahoney on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/Briancmahoney
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again