- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Mavs hope to keep Chandler, Barea to defend title
Question of the Day
A self-deprecating type, he joked about his free-agent status.
“Cash in? Geez, I’m just looking to survive another year,” he said. “I’d love to stay here. It’s the best group of guys I’ve been around. Tremendous organization, the fans are unbelievable.”
Again, it all comes down to that two-way street _ the players have to want to return and the front-office has to invite them back. And they have to do it all within financial parameters that aren’t yet set.
From management’s perspective, they can offer one thing no other team can: the chance to repeat.
“Once you’ve sipped from that cup, there’s absolutely nothing like it and you want to be back,” Nelson said. “Once you’ve had a taste of this thing, you want to do it again and again and again.”
Terry thinks it will work.
“Those guys want to be here,” Terry said. “If you look in everybody’s eyes, they want to do it together with this team.”
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq