- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
NCAA Capsules-Spokane Regional
Question of the Day
3-pointers: Team (.351); Shoni Schimmel 86; Becky Burke 56.
Last Ten: 6-4.
The Skinny: Jeff Walz has turned the Cardinals into a very tough team to beat at their new home. The Cardinals knocked off four Top 25 teams there. Monique Reid and Shoni Schimmel are a tough 1-2 punch.
Nashville, Tenn., 20-11.
Nickname: Commodores. Coach: Melanie Balcomb.
Conference: Southeastern. Bid: At-Large.
Region: Spokane. Seed: No. 10.
Tournament Record: 37-23, 23 years. Last appearance: 2010.
Scoring: Team (71.6); Jence Rhoads 11.9; Jasmine Lister 11.7; Hannah Tuomi 11.5.
Rebounds: Team (38.9); Hannah Tuomi 6.2; Stephanie Holzer 6.1.
Assists/Turnovers: Team (15.3/16.9); Jence Rhoads 4.8/2.9; Jasmine Lister 3.3/2.7.
3-pointers: Team (.347); Jasmine Lister 62; Christine Foggie 41; Angela Puleo 40.
Last Ten: 6-4.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world