- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
NUGENT: Multicultural rot in the melting pot
The West awakens to Islam’s intent to dominate, not assimilate
Question of the Day
Europeans are finally awakening from their self-imposed Rumpelstiltskin deep slumber to discover that multiculturalism is actually cultural rot and is ripping their countries apart.
From the United Kingdom to France to Spain to Germany, leaders or former leaders have decried multiculturalism as a poisonous experiment for their nations.
What’s next - is Europe going to rediscover that the Earth is not flat?
You have to wonder how these leaders ever could have signed on to encouraging Muslims to lead separate lives and not to assimilate in the first place. Pardon me, but even a venison-fueled guitar slayer knows that playing politically correct games always leads to death, destruction and decay.
The brain-dead politically correct facade of multiculturalism was primarily for the benefit of Muslims, and you know it. European leaders were scared to be labeled as intolerant religious bigots by Muslims. Their fear was misplaced. They should have been vociferously condemning Muslims who wanted to be treated separately.
Instead of condemning Muslim extremists, Europe instead condemned a Danish cartoonist who poked fun at Muhammad - free speech be damned. The German government censured an author for writing a popular book that claimed Muslim immigrants were lowering the intelligence of Germany. Not to be outdone by the Europeans, the American media implied that those Americans who protested the proposed placement of a mosque in downtown Manhattan were bigoted and anti-Muslim.
And while Europe and America, to some extent, were embracing multiculturalism, Muslims were murdering Christians and burning down their churches in Muslim countries. Let us not forget multiculturalism Lesson No. 1: Islam is the religion of peace.
While Europe was imploding because of political correctness and doing its best to accommodate Muslims praying in the street and whatnot, many Muslims were - and still are - working hard to impose their religious/political customs, traditions and values on those European nations and right here in America.
Instead of encouraging Muslims to assimilate and embrace European culture, tradition, norms and values, European leaders buried their heads in the sand and ignored the problem.
The bold, unfiltered truth is that some Muslims are not in the least bit interested in assimilating and embracing Western traditions, values and democracy. Their goal is taking over and transplanting Islam as the mandatory religion and government. Those Muslims do not believe in universal, basic human rights, such as women’s rights, freedom of speech, the right of others to practice their faith and the rule of law. The definition of Islam is subjugation. For Muslim extremists and radicals, Islam is about totalitarianism and enslavement, not freedom.
President Nicolas Sarkozy of France recognized the dire effect multiculturalism has had on his nation when he stated recently, “If you come to France, you accept to melt into a single community, which is the national community. And if you do not accept that, you cannot be welcome in France.”
British Prime Minister David Cameron recently stated that multiculturalism is the cause of Muslim terrorism.
Whether or not Mr. Sarkozy, Mr. Cameron and others actually get tough and do something to reverse the politically correct, culturally suicidal path their countries are on remains to be seen. One thing is clear, however: Now is their time to stand or fall. The culture war is on, whether they like it or not.
If Europe really wants to get tough, its nations should outlaw Shariah law and all of its machinations. Public funds should be cut off immediately to Muslim groups that refuse to condemn Muslim extremism. Public officials and others should condemn Muslims who preach separatism. Those Muslim imams who preach jihad or hatred should be jailed or expelled and their mosques closed. Tougher immigration rules should be passed and enforced.
Muslims should be free to practice their faith but not free to impose it on others. Democracy doesn’t work that way. When in England, act like the English. That’s the respectful thing to do. Embrace it or leave.
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine