- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Women call the shots at WNBA finals
“Bill was great for me. I was so comfortable being myself. I could say whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to say it, without repercussions. I didn’t always have that. I kind of got conditioned away from that. The flood gates opened. Now I am who I am.”
After a rough first season filled with injuries, Reeve won coach of the year honors this year for leading the Lynx on a dominant run. They beat San Antonio and Phoenix in the playoffs to get to the finals, where more than 15,000 fans cheered them to victory in Game 1.
“She’s tough,” Lynx point guard Lindsay Whalen said. “You can tell the type of player that she was, tough, hard-nosed. That’s how we play. We really feed off of her and wait for her key. We’re always following her lead and she’s definitely tough. We all love playing for her.”
“That’s how it should be!” Harding hollered playfully. “I think it’s great. You have two strong women who know the game extremely well and have worked hard to bring these programs up. I’d like to say it doesn’t matter because it doesn’t. But as a woman, myself, I’m proud of that.
“For young girls to not only see us on the court playing, but to know that they have the opportunity, whether they play or not, that they could learn the game well enough to teach it at a professional level, that’s huge.”
Follow Jon Krawczynski on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/APkrawczynski.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014