- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
SNYDER: Fisher needs to make big plays now
Question of the Day
“I will say we are not apart in terms of an agreed urgency on getting a deal done,” NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver told reporters. “And we’re not apart on the need to avoid missing games and we’re not apart on the agreed impact that will have - not just on our teams and our players, but the communities in which they operate in as well.”
That sounds great and I hope they mean it.
But I’m afraid the owners will use their own scale - not ours - in weighing the “impact” of missed games. Our only hope is Fisher and his mates scoring points in labor talks, not Durant and Anthony scoring points in pick-up games.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Deron Snyder is an award-winning journalist and Washington Times sports columnist with more than 25 years of experience. He has worked at USA Today and his column was syndicated in Gannett’s 80-plus newspapers from 2000-2009, appearing in The Arizona Republic, The Indianapolis Star, The Detroit News and many others. Follow Deron on Twitter @DeronSnyder or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SNYDER: Steroid era feats still warrant Hall review
- SNYDER: Michael Sam a pioneer, but Tony Dungy doesn't need to be
- SNYDER: Robert Griffin III, Jay Gruden perfect together — for now
- SNYDER: Nationals flush with possibilities as second half kicks in
- SNYDER: Emmanuel Mudiay's decision to skip college another step toward sea change
Latest Blog Entries
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world