- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
College Football Today
_ Denard Robinson, Michigan, ran for three scores in the first half and finished with 200 yards, helping the No. 22 Wolverines beat San Diego State 28-7.
_ Bernard Pierce, Temple, ran for a school-record five TDs and 149 yards in the Owls’ stunning 38-7 rout of Maryland.
_ Tevin Washington, Georgia Tech, threw a long touchdown pass and ran for two scores to give the No. 25 Yellow Jackets a 35-28 victory over North Carolina.
_ Matt McGloin, Penn State, threw for three TDs as the Nittany Lions welcomed coach Joe Paterno back to the sideline with a 34-6 win over Eastern Michigan.
_ Casey Pachall, TCU, threw two of his three TD passes during a 21-point scoring spree in a 1:18 span just before halftime, helping the No. 20 Horned Frogs beat Portland State 55-13.
_ Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, set a team record with 16 catches for 176 yards and two TDs in a 38-26 victory over Ohio.
_ Keith Wenning, Ball State, threw for a career-high 324 yards and tied a career-high with three TD passes, leading the Cardinals past Army 48-21.
_ Chris Forcier, Furman, threw seven TD passes to break the school’s single-game record in a 62-21 victory over Presbyterian.
_ J.J. McDermott, SMU, threw for three TDs and 357 yards to lead the Mustangs in a 42-0 rout of Memphis.
_ Scott Darby, Georgetown, threw for four TDs and rushed for another score to lead the Hoyas to a 52-28 win over Marist.
_ Lavante Page, Florida A&M, rushed for five TDs, including two in the fourth quarter, in a 38-33 win over Southern.
_ Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State, threw for a school-record 438 yards and two scores to help the No. 7 Cowboys rally for a 30-29 win over No. 8 Texas A&M.
_ Keith Price, Washington, threw for 292 yards and three TDs as the Huskies knocked off California 31-23.
_ Tajh Boyd, Clemson, threw for 344 yards and three TDs and ran for another as the No. 21 Tigers opened ACC play with a 35-30 victory over No. 11 Florida State.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama pleads for peace in strife-torn Central African Republic
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow