- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
College Football Today
8_Straight wins by Georgia in its series with Ole Miss after a 27-13 win.
19_Number of consecutive road losses by Colorado after a 37-17 loss at Ohio State.
22_Consecutive home wins by No. 20 TCU after beating Portland State 55-13 to extend the Horned Frogs’ school record.
36_Unanswered points by Jacksonville in the second half of its 57-21 rout of Campbell.
96_Yards of Anthon Samuel’s TD run in a win over Miami (Ohio), a Bowling Green record.
792_Yards of offense by Air Force to set a school record in its 63-24 rout of Tennessee State.
Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer paid tribute to the memory of a former teammate and the 74 other members of the Marshall University football team, coaching staff and community killed in a 1970 plane crash.
Beamer laid a 3-inch by 5-inch piece of stone at the nearby Spring Hill Cemetery memorial in Huntingon, W.Va., about 2 1/2 hours before the game between his No. 13 Hokies and the Thundering Herd.
He was teammates at Virginia Tech with Frank Loria, who went on to become an assistant at Marshall under fellow Tech graduate Rick Tolley. Tolley also was killed in the crash at the nearby Tri-State Airport.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again