- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Virginia Tech, Old Dominion in discussions about future series
Question of the Day
Virginia Tech plays Austin Peay, an FCS school, in the second game of this season. It beat FCS power Appalachian State last year. In 2010, the Hokies hosted James Madison and were upset 21-16, playing just five days after a Labor Day loss to Boise State at FedEx Field.
NOTE:Tech picked up another verbal commitment for its already-impressive 2013 football recruiting class when Liberty-Bealeton defensive end Wyatt Teller pledged his services to the Hokies on Friday. The 6-foot-4, 264-pound Teller chose Tech over Virginia. He is rated a four-star prospect by the recruiting website Rivals.com.
Teller joins fellow four-star recruits Holland Fisher, a linebacker from Midlothian, Va., and Hodges, as well as five-star cornerback Kendall Fuller.
Virginia Tech now has 16 verbal commitments for the 2013 class.
Read more about the Hokies at TimesDispatch.com
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world