- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Virginia Tech, Old Dominion in discussions about future series
Virginia Tech plays Austin Peay, an FCS school, in the second game of this season. It beat FCS power Appalachian State last year. In 2010, the Hokies hosted James Madison and were upset 21-16, playing just five days after a Labor Day loss to Boise State at FedEx Field.
NOTE:Tech picked up another verbal commitment for its already-impressive 2013 football recruiting class when Liberty-Bealeton defensive end Wyatt Teller pledged his services to the Hokies on Friday. The 6-foot-4, 264-pound Teller chose Tech over Virginia. He is rated a four-star prospect by the recruiting website Rivals.com.
Virginia Tech now has 16 verbal commitments for the 2013 class.
Read more about the Hokies at TimesDispatch.com
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again