- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
Send your get-well wishes to President George H.W. Bush
Question of the Day
Get well, Mr. President. I am praying for your full and swift recovery.
Mr. President, with sadness I write this letter. Myself and family as well as millions of Americans I speak for the fact you’re not able to get your ship under way and run at sea speed to your next port of call. Maybe this extended port time in the hospital will get you back to sea, using some Navy terminology.
You’ll always be remembered by me and other personnel who participated in Desert Shield/Storm. You did it exactly right and had the right people calling the shots. My ship left in convoy from the Indian Ocean Island of Diego Garcia to the Gulf in August 1990. We were part of the Maritime Preposition Squadron #2 in the Indian Ocean loaded with 6 million pounds of ordnance. Our convoy took 5 days to arrive then split up to various ports to download. We were the first ships to unload then the buildup started. And we made a return trip as well with another load of bombs by December 1990.
I was so impressed with the operations it will never leave my mind how well it was coordinated. It often made me wonder what if you were President during the Vietnam War how it may have turned out? You brought pride back to the military and the nation was united not divided as it is today. You’re a true leader. No world leader could have every amassed such a swift buildup and victory other then you. It was your time to answer the bells and it was full speed ahead. In my opinion, you are the greatest President this nation has ever had. Get well Mr. President and thank you for your contributions to this nation. God bless you sir.
Dear President Bush,
Thank you for being an inspiration as a leader of our great country during difficult times.
Our prayers are with you for a speedy and complete recovery.
Marvin Schott, Col., USAF (Ret.)
God bless you sir.
Thank you for everything.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay comments
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- President gets budget win -- but only by staying out of negotiations
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow