- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
New in Maryland: Linton at Ballenger
Question of the Day
Drees Homes is building 40 town homes at Linton at Ballenger in Frederick, a community with walking paths, green space and plans for a clubhouse, swimming pool and sports fields. The community is close to Historic Downtown Frederick, Francis Scott Key Mall, parks, country clubs and commuter routes.
Each home in this Frederick County community will include maintenance-free vinyl siding, professional landscaping, a seeded lawn and a one- or two-car garage. Brick and stone fronts are optional.
Inside, the town homes have three bedrooms, two full baths and a powder room. Standard features include 9-foot ceilings on the main level, 42-inch oak-paneled cabinets and a peninsula or center island in the kitchen; ceramic tile flooring in the master bath; Energy Star certification; and gas heat and hot water.
The Surry model homes have 2,029 to 2,070 finished square feet, with base prices from $282,900 to $292,900. Homeowner association fees are $83 per month.
Each home has an entrance on the lower level into a foyer with a walk-in closet and stairs to the main level.
The lower level has a flexible space that includes a walk-in closet to use as a bedroom or study. Buyers can add a full bath to this level.
The homes have either an attached rear-entry two-car garage, a front-entry one-car garage or a detached one- or two-car garage. Buyers can add a finished recreation room, a sunroom and a patio to homes with a detached garage.
The main level has a great room, a powder room, and a center-island kitchen and breakfast area. Buyers can add a fireplace to the great room, a sunroom and a deck.
Upstairs, the master suite has a walk-in closet and a private bath. A sitting-room addition is optional.
Two more bedrooms, a second full bath and a laundry room complete this level. An alternate floor plan with two master suites is available.
For more information or directions, call market manager Jim Bell at 301/846-7909 or visit www.dreeshomes.com.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
The Career Doctor Cassi Fields prescribes valuable advice for anyone looking to find a career, nail an interview or earn a promotion.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow