- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Filmmaker returns to his ‘hood for Christmas movie
“If we blow them away, we hit the `burbs. If not, we’ll play in a handful of markets,” Burns said, philosophically. (The film is rated R for a handful of expletives.)
Keeping one foot in the past, he just started writing a sequel to “The Brothers McMullen” and hopes to begin production on it in 2014. But next up is something entirely new, a dozen short online films that ultimately will be woven into a single one.
“When all 12 chapters are done, we’ll pull them from the Web, recut and play with them and maybe even play with the ending,” Burns said. The project, titled “Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall,” follows the relationship of a middle-aged couple.
Although Burns has been distributing his work online since he released “Purple Violets” on iTunes in 2007, it’s Louis C.K.’s successful online sale of his 2011 comedy special, “Live at the Beacon Theater,” that is behind the especially bold approach.
“If it’s inspired by anything, it’s inspired by Louis C.K.,” Burns said.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again