- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
Bama, LSU stars among underclassmen set for draft
“He stayed for his full time at Nebraska,” Brandt said. “Had he come out a year early, he would have probably been drafted the lower part of the first round. He stayed in school and wound up being the second pick in the draft.
“It was probably worth $15 million to him at that time.”
Suh signed a 5-year deal worth $40 million guaranteed and up to $68 million.
Quarterbacks Jones and Barkley aren’t the only stars who are staying put. Claiborne’s fellow All-America cornerback and Heisman finalist Tyrann Mathieu is just a sophomore while Wisconsin running back Montee Ball _ fourth in the Heisman voting _ is coming back for his senior season.
So is Alabama’s Outland Trophy winner Barrett Jones.
“You have to have some kind of background for playing this game,” Kirkpatrick, who has a 5-year-old son, said after announcing his decision. “This is not a game that you just wake up and play. It has to mean something. You have to have something that’s going to drive you and make you play 100 percent.
“I feel like my son is the anchor of all that.”
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- NAPOLITANO: Liberty, the wellspring of capitalism and charity
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights amid escalating tensions
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.