- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
EURO 2012 LIVE: Germany beats Portugal 1-0
2135: A quiet first half in a game that promised so much before kick-off. Portugal proving difficult to break down for a German side that seems happier to keep the ball than attack. The biggest talking point will be Pepe’s strike that hit the underside of the bar before bouncing on the line, which is the closest we have come to a goal.
2131: Pepe hits the crossbar as the ball drops to him from a corner. He angles the ball over Lahm and the ball hits the underside of the bar before bouncing on the line. Portugal appeal for the goal but _ rightly _ it was not given.
2130: Holger Badstuber is booked for catching Nani, who goes down a good few seconds after contact was made. Replays show it was the correct decision to show Badstuber the yellow card. One minute left in the first half.
2129: Chance for Germany. Mueller over hits his cross intended for Gomez, but Podolski reaches it. He plays the ball back across into the path of Mueller who runs on to the ball and hits his shot wide of the Portugal goal. Joachim Loew shouts and raises his hands in frustration as his side struggle to break Portugal down.
2121: Ten minutes to go until the end of the first half and Germany starting to show a greater attacking intent. Portugal’s defense is holding firm, though. Lukas Podolski blazes over from ten yards when unmarked and should do much better with that. Oezil escapes down the left before he finds Podolski with a good pass and the man who has just signed for Arsenal should at least hit the target there.
2110: There has been a warning from the stadium announcer that throwing things on to the pitch is not acceptable. Rolled up paper balls were thrown at Meireles when he went to take a corner in the first couple of minutes from a section of the stadium dominated by German fans.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again