- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
EURO 2012 LIVE: Germany vs. Portugal
Question of the Day
Here is a running account of Saturday’s play. All times are local to Poland.
2234: Great chance for Portugal and Varela should have scored. Coentrao finds Nelson Oliveira who does very well to control the ball and even better to get it across the goal and into the path of Varela. Neuer is off his line and blocks but Varela knows he should have scored. Will Portugal get a better chance than that to score? 90 minutes is up.
2231: Nani drifts in from the right and goes for goal with his left foot from outside the penalty area, but his shot is wide. Mesut Oezil is replaced by Toni Kroos for Germany. Portugal hit the bar from a looping cross by Nani. Portugal are definitely pressing for a goal to bring them level here and they only have four minutes left to find it.
2226: GaryLineker: “Yeah yeah, 22 men kick a ball about for 90 mins and….” (via Twitter)
2225: Ronaldo cuts in from the left and unleashes a low drive at the German goal, which bounces up at Neuer. He parries it out for a corner which Portugal fail to take advantage of. Portugal make an attacking change with forward Silvestre Varela replacing midfielder Raul Meireles. Gomez is now being replaced by Miroslav Klose, who is 34 today. Will he celebrate his birthday with a late goal to secure victory for Germany?
2219: A great header by Gomez to give his side the lead, when it looked like he was about to come off for Miroslav Klose. An inch-perfect cross from the right is met brilliantly by Gomez, who heads the ball back the way it came, low into the corner of the net. Gomez has had a quiet evening but his goal means Klose sits back down on the bench.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world