- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
EURO 2012 LIVE: Germany vs. Portugal
Question of the Day
1813: They are looking dangerous on the attack, the Netherlands. Van Persie picks out the run of Sneijder with a superbly weighted ball, but Sneijder can’t get enough power on the header as he tries to direct it across goal. Afellay tries his luck again for Holland, forcing his way into the left side of the penalty area with a couple of step-overs. He cuts in on his right foot but curls over the bar.
1810: Denmark win a free-kick from around thirty yards out. Christian Eriksen takes but hits it straight into the wall. Chance for Van Persie and he should have scored. Robben pulls the ball across the six yard box and it hits the heel of Simon Kjaer. The ball spins to Van Persie who hits it first time wide of the goal from around ten yards.
Van Persie wins a header, knocking it back towards Ibrahim Afellay. The ball takes a fraction too long to come down for him though and there was enough pressure on him from the defender as he shot high and wide.
1803: Agger wins a header from a free-kick, which is taken with comfort by Stekelenburg. Willems later attempts a shot which flies over. It was close, though and Willems is clearly not fazed by the big stage.
The Netherlands kick-off. The pitch looks in very good condition and there is a sea of orange in the stadium. Dutch fans have turned out in big numbers.
1800: They’re off.It’s a warm evening in Kharkiv.
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq