- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
EURO 2012 LIVE: Germany vs. Portugal
Question of the Day
2131: Pepe hits the crossbar as the ball drops to him from a corner. He angles the ball over Lahm and the ball hits the underside of the bar before bouncing on the line. Portugal appeal for the goal but _ rightly _ it was not given.
2130: Holger Badstuber is booked for catching Nani, who goes down a good few seconds after contact was made. Replays show it was the correct decision to show Badstuber the yellow card. One minute left in the first half.
2129: Chance for Germany. Mueller over hits his cross intended for Gomez, but Podolski reaches it. He plays the ball back across into the path of Mueller who runs on to the ball and hits his shot wide of the Portugal goal. Joachim Loew shouts and raises his hands in frustration as his side struggle to break Portugal down.
2121: Ten minutes to go until the end of the first half and Germany starting to show a greater attacking intent. Portugal’s defense is holding firm, though. Lukas Podolski blazes over from ten yards when unmarked and should do much better with that. Oezil escapes down the left before he finds Podolski with a good pass and the man who has just signed for Arsenal should at least hit the target there.
2110: There has been a warning from the stadium announcer that throwing things on to the pitch is not acceptable. Rolled up paper balls were thrown at Meireles when he went to take a corner in the first couple of minutes from a section of the stadium dominated by German fans.
2106: The first time we see Ronaldo on the ball in a dangerous position and he causes trouble. His step-overs seem to hypnotize Jerome Boateng and Ronaldo skips past him and hits a low ball across the six yard box, which Philipp Lahm puts out for a corner. Also, yellow card for Helder Postiga. He slides in on Manuel Neuer after a teasing back pass. Referee Lannoy duly dishes out the first yellow of the game.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world