- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
EURO 2012 LIVE: Germany vs. Portugal
Question of the Day
Germany substitutes: Wiese, Zieler, Schmelzer, Hoewedes, Mertesacker, Guendogan, Schuerrle, Bender, Kroos, Goetze, Reus, Klose.
Portugal substitues: Eduardo, Beto, Costa, Rolando, Lopes, Custodio, Quaresma, Micael, Viana, Almeida, Oliveira, Varela.
1957: Denmark deserve credit for a stubborn display. They were difficult to break down and looked dangerous when they attacked. But the last time the Dutch lost their opening game at the European Championship, they ended up winning the tournament in 1988.
1955: Shock result here at the Metalist Stadium as the Dutch are defeated by a resilient Denmark. Michael Krohn-Dehli took the only chance that fell his way in the first half while the Netherlands missed chance after chance. They will feel they should have had a penalty but the Dutch only have themselves to blame for not winning the match. If the 2010 World Cup runners-up lose to either Germany or Portugal, they will be out.
1951: Sneijder’s delivery hits Huntelaar on the back of the head and the ball drifts wide of the far post. Huntelaar was furious not to get a penalty a couple of minutes ago when he tried to knock the ball past jacobsen. The ball did hit his hand, but the referee felt it was accidental.
1945: Dennis Rommedahl comes off for Denmark and is replaced by Tobias Mikkelsen.
1943: Seven minutes left for the Netherlands to find a goal and Dirk Kuyt comes on for defender Gregory van der Wiel. Simon Poulsen for Denmark is booked for time wasting over a throw-in. William Kvist is also booked for handball as he slips over whilst turning and uses his hand to keep the ball close to him.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world