- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
Old friends are now bitter rivals for Ohio House seat
GOP-authored redistricting pits 2 Democrats
“I think this is going to be a very negative campaign,” Mr. Beck predicts of the Senate contest, which he said also will be well-financed. “I think it’s going to be a very hotly contested race that is probably going to turn in the end on how well Obama does in Ohio.”
Mr. Beck said Mr. Mandel has spent a lot of money attacking Mr. Brown as a liberal who is out of step with Ohio, while Mr. Brown has noted that Mr. Mandel has served only one year of his term as state treasurer, suggesting that he is too politically ambitious.
“I think Sherrod Brown is going to win this race,” Mr. Beck said. “Sherrod Brown has been around for a while. He also has been able to position himself as a candidate who sticks up for common people in Ohio in a way Mandel is going to have a hard time demonstrating.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Right-to-work proponents demand justice for violence
- Unions vow to fight Michigan right-to-work law
- Indiana's move pushed Michigan on right-to-work
- Michigan’s governor sides with right to work
- Dems look to Obama to punish Michigan over labor vote
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again