- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
Active-adult living: Free upgrades at Gatherings
Question of the Day
One of the delights of being semiretired or completely retired is spending your time as you please. Whether you enjoy swimming, walking, aerobics or simply socializing with friends, the Gatherings at Forest Glen in Odenton offers these activities and more within a gated community.
This active-adult condominium under development by Beazer Homes and restricted to homeowners age 55 and older, is within the planned community of Piney Orchard in Odenton, Md.
At Piney Orchard, residents can use miles of walking trails, a nature preserve and tennis courts, along with a shuttle system that takes them to locations within and nearby the community. The Piney Orchard shopping center, which is within walking distance of the Gatherings at Forest Glen, includes a grocery store, restaurants and other shops.
A MARC train station is within a mile of Piney Orchard, and BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport is eight miles away. Residents easily can drive to the District, Baltimore, Annapolis and Ellicott City, Md.
Residents of the Gatherings at Forest Glen have their own heated outdoor swimming pool and a clubhouse with an indoor coffee lounge, a fitness center and a game room.
The condominiums at the Gatherings at Forest Glen, base-priced from $234,990 to $304,990, have 1,439 to 1,886 finished square feet. Each home has two bedrooms and two baths. Monthly condominium fees are $218, and monthly homeowner association dues are $121. A few immediate-delivery homes are available with prices from $232,084 to $280,442.
The condominiums are midrise buildings with brick-and-vinyl-siding exteriors, elevators and an intercom security system in the lobby. Each home has a garage with a private door to the lobby.
Beazer Homes is offering buyers a free designer feature package worth up to $16,500. The package includes hardwood flooring in the foyer and kitchen, a designer trim package, ceramic tile flooring in both baths, maple cabinets throughout the home and granite counters with stainless-steel appliances in the kitchen.
Standard features for the condominiums include 9-foot ceilings in all rooms, tray ceilings in the living room and master suite, miniblinds on the windows, vertical blinds on the sliding glass doors, two-panel interior doors, satin-nickel-finish lever door handles, ventilated closet shelving, central air conditioning and a 50-gallon gas water heater. The homes have low-E windows, a home energy monitor, a programmable thermostat and low-VOC-emission paints and carpets.
The Chestnut model, with 1,637 finished square feet, is priced from $279,990. This home has a foyer with a double-door coat closet and a door into a utility/laundry room. At the center of this model is a living room with a tray ceiling and an optional fireplace, with an adjacent dining room. A sliding glass door leads to the deck. Near the dining room is the kitchen, which has a window over the sink. It opens into a breakfast area with a pantry and windows on two sides.
On one side of the living room is the master-bedroom suite, which has a tray ceiling in the bedroom, a walk-in closet and a standard closet. The master bath has a double-sink vanity and a shower.
On the opposite side of the living room are a second full bath with a combination tub and shower and a bedroom with a double-door closet and two windows.
For more information or directions to the Gatherings at Forest Glen, call new-home counselor Cynthia Cooper at 410/695-2015 or visit www.beazer.com.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Big milestone for Britain's little prince
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq