- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Marino: Manning ‘fits with anybody’ in NFL
Once the fusion has healed, the bone is as strong as any other in his neck, if not stronger, several doctors said.
“Did it heal? Is the rest of his neck in pretty good shape? If those two answers are yes, then it gets down to `OK, get out on the field and show me you can perform,’ because it will only get better from here with time,” said Dr. Robert S. Bray Jr., a spine specialist who has treated NHL star Sidney Crosby and Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones.
For the time being, the Manning watch is consuming Miami.
Dwyane Wade reached out to Manning on Twitter, and LeBron James took time in a postgame television interview after the Heat beat Atlanta on Wednesday night to briefly sell Manning on the merits of South Florida.
Will Marino call him?
“I probably wouldn’t do that unless he asks for some advice,” Marino said. “And he has plenty of people that he’s working with to help him make the right decisions.”
“He’s a great football player,” Carpenter said. “I definitely think having Peyton Manning won’t hurt your chances. … Obviously, I don’t know how hard we’re pursuing him. It’s hard to say what Peyton Manning’s thinking. I’m sure he’s going to talk to his family, think about himself and think about where he wants to be and make that decision.”
AP National Writer Nancy Armour contributed to this report.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014