- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Cabrera-Bello set for 2nd appearance at US Open
Question of the Day
The 61st-ranked Spaniard missed out on a place in the final of one of his home tournaments when he was beaten by 2 holes by Graeme McDowell on Sunday.
However, the ranking points earned from his week at the Finca Cortesin course will lift him above Italian player Matteo Manassero and into the top 60 when the new rankings are released on Monday, securing a place at the year’s second major.
It will be Cabrera-Bello’s second appearance at the U.S. Open _ he finished tied for 47th in 2010 at Pebble Beach _ but he will be returning to the United States with a bigger reputation.
He won the Dubai Desert Classic in February and has played into contention to make Europe’s Ryder Cup team for September’s match against the U.S. in Medinah, near Chicago.
“I’m proud of myself, it’s been a good week,” said the 27-year-old Cabrera-Bello, whose first and only other tournament victory came at the Austrian Open in 2009.
“Overall I played really well and I’m very excited about the tournaments coming up. It’ll great to be at the U.S. Open again.”
This year’s U.S. Open will be at the Olympic Club in San Francisco on June 14-17.
Out of "the shadows," they demand citizenship without consequences
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors