- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
‘What to Expect..’ stars in London for UK premiere
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - The stars of the romantic comedy "What to Expect When You're Expecting" had plenty of praise for each other _ and a warning about making out on the hood of a car _ during the film's British premiere in London on Tuesday.
Cameron Diaz, Chace Crawford and Matthew Morrison, Anna Kendrick and Rodrigo Santoro were among the actors who walked the red carpet at the British Film Institute's IMAX theater.
The film _ inspired by the bestselling book by Heidi Murkoff, and also featuring Jennifer Lopez, Dennis Quaid, Cheryl Cole and Chris Rock _ looks at love through the eyes of five interconnected couples as they experience pregnancy and childbirth.
Kendrick and Crawford were one of the couples with some steamy moments in the film. But the reality wasn't quite that great, Kendrick said.
"The scene where we kind of make out on the hood of a car, it all looks pretty sexy and cool and fun, but I would not recommend trying to do that," she said. "It is uncomfortable. My legs were covered in bruises the next day. So I hope that it looks really nice, but it was actually quite a painful experience."
Director Kirk Jones gave high marks to Diaz, saying she was "phenomenal" in the scene where she gave birth.
"The concern as the director is always that you turn up on set, and an actress doesn't want to give her all because she'll be thinking, `I don't want to look too sweaty, I don't want to look too red, you know, I don't want to really go for this,'" he said. "But she went for it, in a big way, yeah."
Diaz's onscreen partner Matthew Morrison also praised her, this time for her dancing skills.
"There's this one part where she wraps her legs around me, and I have to spin her around, and I said, `Hold me tight because I don't want to, like, drop you and it's gonna help with me turning you around,'" he said. "And she squeezed me so hard I couldn't even breathe. It was, like, `Damn it, let go, let go.' She's so strong, she's so strong."
Singer and former "X Factor" judge Cole takes on her first acting role in the movie as a judge in a celebrity dance-off contest.
Diaz gave her a thumbs-up, saying, "She played it beautifully, she was fun and entertaining and she provided a great energy for the set."
"What to Expect When You're Expecting" open in the U.K. on Friday.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq