- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Resale of the Week: Roof deck, au-pair suite blocks from Capitol
Question of the Day
The finished lower level is accessible from inside the house, via a door off the front patio or through a back door accessible from the alley. It includes a living room, a washer and dryer, a bedroom with windows on two sides and a double-door closet, and a renovated full bath.
At the front of this level is a full kitchen with a refrigerator, a stove and a dishwasher, along with space for a casual dining table. One wall of this lower-level au-pair suite is exposed brick.
This Capitol Hill home provides not only a prime location within walking distance of everything Capitol Hill has to offer, but also space to entertain and to retreat from the world in privacy.
Address: 718 East Capitol St. NE, Washington, DC 20002
Community: Capitol Hill
Age: Built in 1912
Size: Approximately 2,264 finished square feet on lot of 1,634 square feet
Taxes: $9,157 in 2011
Homeowners association fee: None
Exterior features: Victorian-style brick row house with deep flagstone patio in front, deck, fully fenced rear flagstone patio and deck
Interior features: Four finished levels with four bedrooms, three full baths and a powder room; main-level living room with fireplace, formal dining room, renovated kitchen with glass door to deck and patio; second-level master suite with luxury bath and laundry, second bedroom with renovated full bath; third level with family room with direct-vent fireplace, third bedroom; finished lower-level au pair suite with bedroom, living room and eat-in kitchen
Amenities: Rooftop deck with Capitol view; two-zone central air conditioning, radiator heat, hardwood flooring, two fireplaces, ceiling fans, high ceilings
Close by: Walk to Capitol, restaurants and shops on Capitol Hill, Eastern Market and Metro
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: 'It's fantastic'
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs