- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Morgan Wootten, longtime DeMatha hoops coach, honored with Lapchick Character Award
Question of the Day
Newton was unable to attend the event because of sinus issues but he spoke with the crowd over a speakerphone.
“I mean this with all my heart,” he said, “being inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame was the best thing that ever happened to me and this is next. To be associated with a man like Joe Lapchick means so much to me.”
Rush’s story with Immaculata was told in the movie “Mighty Macs.” She said her players in those early years were “women of character,” winning despite having the financial help of bigger schools.
The award, in its fifth year, recognizes those who have shown the character traits of Lapchick, who coached at St. John’s and with the New York Knicks and was inducted into the Hall of Fame as a player and coach.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world