- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
D.C. police report fatal stabbing at Metro station
D.C. police have several people in custody following a fatal overnight stabbing inside the Woodley Park Metro Station.
The stabbing was reported around 1:20 a.m. inside the Northwest D.C. station, which is located at 2700 Connecticut Avenue. One man, who police have not identified, was stabbed in the chest and later died at a hospital. Another man was stabbed in the face but in stable condition, according to alerts from the Metropolitan Police Department.
A D.C. police spokesman could not say Saturday how many people were in custody or confirm what role they had in the incident.
"They are being interviewed as part of the investigation," spokesman Officer Paul Metcalf said.
The metro station was closed after the stabbing, but reopened on time Saturday morning, a Metro spokeswoman said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- Natural gas prices rise for D.C. customers as temperatures drop
- Released from hospital, Marion Barry reflects on his health and political career
- Montgomery County matches homicide total from 2013
- Council member introduces bill to regulate D.C. party promoters
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again