- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
Penn State’s 2012 football season for the ages
While Mauti was expected to be a star this year, McGloin’s emergence as the best passer was a surprise _ and a testament to the coaching job by O’Brien in his first season. The former Patriots offensive coordinator and position coach to star quarterback Tom Brady had McGloin running the Nittany Lions’ new up-tempo offense to near-perfection by year’s end.
McGloin averaged a league-best 272.6 yards passing and completed more than 60 percent of his 446 pass attempts with just five interceptions. He displayed his trademark confidence _ which some people equate to a cocky swagger _ but was held in check if he went too far by O'Brien and quarterbacks coach Charlie Fisher.
A former walk-on, McGloin finished with 24 touchdown passes to tie Daryll Clark (2009) for the school’s single-season record. Under O'Brien’s tutelage, McGloin also set school records this year for single-season passing yardage (3,266) and career touchdown passes (46).
Mauti was asked how the senior class would be remembered.
“I don’t know if I can even really put that in words right now,” he said. “Maybe in a couple of years from now I’ll be able to look back and answer. I am just proud to be a part of it. It’s been the most fun I’ve ever had playing with the people I’ve never been closer to.”
Follow Genaro Armas at http://twitter.com/GArmasAP
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- Colorado revolt: 55 of 62 sheriffs refuse to enforce new gun laws
- Senators in rush to pass budget vow to undo cut to military retirement pay
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow