- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Redskins’ positive turnover differential integral in past two victories
Two possessions later, Hall picked Romo off by undercutting a throw over the middle. He jammed Cowboys slot receiver Cole Beasley, preventing Beasley from getting inside position. Romo tried to sneak a throw in, but Hall snatched it.
“Whenever you force turnovers, you give your offense a chance with another possession,” said safety Madieu Williams, who returned an interception for a touchdown against Minnesota in Week 6. “The statistics go to show that if we can win the turnover battle, the likelihood of us winning the football game increases dramatically.”
That was the case Sunday, just as it has been all season. The Redskins have had a positive turnover differential in all five of their wins.
They forced two turnovers in their 27-23 loss to New York on Oct. 21. The problem? They turned it over four times themselves.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again