- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Police investigate Springfield fatal crash
Question of the Day
Fairfax police are investigating a one-car crash that killed a 62-year-old woman after her car struck a tree in Springfield Tuesday night.
Dinh Quy of the 6200 block of William Edgar Drive in Alexandria was pronounced dead shortly after her 2009 Toyota Corolla veered off the road and into a tree soon after 7 p.m.
According to police, Ms. Quy had been driving in the parking lot of the shopping center near the intersection of Rolling Road and Old Keene Mill Road. She left the parking lot and on the wrong side of Rolling Road, passing through the intersection with Old Keene Mill Road. After passing the intersection, her car veered off the road, striking a tree on the west side of Rolling Road.
Police are investigating whether a medical condition, alcohol or speed might have contributed to the crash.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Megan Poinski is the former deputy metro editor at The Washington Times. She has worked as a reporter, editor and web designer for more than a decade, covering mostly local, state and federal government in Ohio, Maryland and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Throughout her career, she has received reporting awards from the Scripps Howard Foundation, Capitolbeat, and Associated Press Managing ...
TWT Video Picks
By Ken Allard
Only the National Guard can re-establish homeland security
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener