- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
D.C. police investigate fiery fatal taxi crash
D.C. police are investigating a fiery taxi cab crash that left one man dead Wednesday night in Northeast D.C.
Officials initially described the incident as a body found next to a burning car in the 1400 block of Brentwood Parkway, which is located near Gallaudet University.
On Thursday, police said the vehicle was found in between a fence and a tree around 9 p.m. and that the driver was pulled from the car. The man has not been identified but police said the car was a four-door Lincoln taxi cab.
Officials are awaiting results of an autopsy to determine whether the man died from the crash or the fire.
The cause of the crash was not known, but the Metropolitan Police Department’s major crash unit is investigating.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Natural gas prices rise for D.C. customers as temperatures drop
- Released from hospital, Marion Barry reflects on his health and political career
- Montgomery County matches homicide total from 2013
- Council member introduces bill to regulate D.C. party promoters
- D.C. Council approves bill decriminalizing marijuana
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again