- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
NUGENT: Four more years of debt and class warfare
D.C. pigs at home in the capital swamp
Question of the Day
We have fallen far and fast.
Instead of electing a serious-minded, proven professional, America went once again with a guy whose most impressive qualification is that of a questionable "Chicago" community organizer. I don't mean Chicago in a geographic sense.
President John F. Kennedy would have been appalled. Instead of asking not what our country can do for us but what we can do for our country, in just 50 years since Kennedy uttered that famous phrase, it appears that a majority of Americans now demand that their country do for them. It's America turned upside-down.
We have decayed into a nation of gluttonous, soulless pigs who feast on whatever Fedzilla provides by taking from one group of Americans (the producers) and giving to others (the takers) who haven't earned it and don't deserve it.
Alexis de Tocqueville, the famous French thinker who visited America almost 200 years ago, saw the dangers of our experiment when he wrote, "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years."
There you have it, America. The pigs have come home to wallow in the mud of the Washington swamp, and we have a group of professional political punks -- master scam artists -- who are all too happy to shovel more slop while advocating that the producers should be punished further by raising their taxes and restricting entrepreneurs with business-wrecking overregulation. And you thought "Planet of the Apes" was a movie.
This is where America is today. Too many Americans have become entitlement chumps who have been convinced by Democrats and other liberal scammers that they are entitled to the sweat and hard work of other Americans. Free cellphones aren't free. Food stamps have become vote-getting extortion vouchers.
Couple that sense of entitlement with the abject stupidity of basic free-market principles by Mr. Obama's supporters, and it isn't surprising to me that Mr. Obama was given four more years to wage class warfare, drive our nation into more unsustainable debt, and institute policies that put Americans out of work and cause energy prices to skyrocket.
I'm not nearly as surprised with the outcome of the presidential election as I'm disheartened and disgusted that my fellow Americans can be this woefully uninformed, easily manipulated and thunderously ignorant. I've got a rotting fence post smarter than these mouth breathers.
If you voted for Mr. Obama, you are thunderously dumb and incredibly naive. Believe it. For your intentional ignorance, you will ultimately pay a heavy price that you are obviously too ignorant to understand. Your children and grandchildren will pay an even heavier burden. America will pay the heaviest burden. Thanks for nothing, numbskulls.
Mitt Romney was by far the better candidate, though he may not have been as "cool" or likeable as Mr. Obama. Electing our leaders based on their likeability factor is slightly less amusing than listening to "Say It Ain't So, Joe" Biden stick his foot in his mouth.
Twenty years ago, the results would have been different. America wasn't nearly as stupid back then as we are today. The presidential election proves that the dumbing down of America is complete.
The cultural tapestry of America is changing with more people of color inhabiting America and voting. I have no issue with that. What I have issue with is anyone believing he is owed something without working for it and a president who agrees. That's considered un-American by the roughly 50 percent of us smart enough to have voted for Mr. Romney, the far better choice.
Ted Nugent is an American rock 'n' roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of "Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto" and "God, Guns & Rock 'N' Roll" (Regnery Publishing).
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens