- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
Resale of the week: Lots of light in Fairfax
Question of the Day
The lower level includes a finished recreation room with hardwood flooring and crown and chair-rail molding.
The home is near shops and restaurants in Fairfax City and is three miles from the Vienna/Fairfax/George Mason University Metro station for commuting.
Address: 3906 Railroad Ave., Fairfax, VA 22030
Community: Moore and Oliver
Age: Built in 2006
Size: Approximately 4,936 finished square feet on lot of 0.27 acres
Taxes: $7,787 in 2012
Homeowners association fee: None
Exterior features: Custom-designed Colonial-style home of stone and vinyl siding with extensive stone walls and professional landscaping in front and back, cul-de-sac location, two-car garage
Interior features: Five bedrooms, four full baths, one half bath, hardwood flooring throughout except for marble foyer and baths, formal living room, formal dining room, kitchen with breakfast room, library, family room, first-floor master suite, first-floor guest bedroom, three bedrooms and three baths on upper level, finished lower-level recreation room
Amenities: Home office with separate outside entrance on main level, two fireplaces, vaulted ceilings, security system, zoned heating and air conditioning, ceiling fans, gas heat and hot water
Close by: Near shops and restaurants, three miles to Vienna Metro station
Schools: Providence Elementary, Lanier Middle, Fairfax High
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world