- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
US players in the Ryder Cup
Question of the Day
2012 Majors: Masters-T3, US Open-T27, British Open-T9, PGA Championship-Cut.
Backspin: He had a chance to win the Masters late on Sunday, and he won The Players Championship. Since then, however, Kuchar has gone very quiet, surprising for a guy whose hallmark is consistency. He was partners with Stewart Cink last time, and they didn’t lose any of their three matches. Ian Poulter drilled him in singles. Kuchar is most feared in the team room during their table tennis competition.
World ranking: 15.
Ryder Cups: 8.
Ryder Cup record: 11-17-6.
Career victories: 42.
2012 victories: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
2012 Majors:Masters-T3, US Open-T65, British Open-Cut, PGA Championship-T36.
Backspin: The most experienced player on either side, Mickelson will set a U.S. record by playing in his ninth Ryder Cup, breaking the record he shared with Lanny Wadkins, Raymond Floyd and Billy Casper. However, he is two losses away from trying an American record for most matches lost. Some were suggesting Mickelson would playing sparingly, though he has turned his game around in recent weeks and could hold the key to a U.S. win _ especially if that claw putting grip carries him.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq