- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
US players in the Ryder Cup
2012 Majors: Masters-DNP, US Open-Cut, British Open-T9, PGA Championship-T48.
Backspin: For all his talent, he has been described as “awkward” when it comes to team competition. He was a bust with Phil Mickelson at Wales, and he didn’t fare much better with Tiger Woods at the Presidents Cup last year. Still, he is playing as well as any American going into the Ryder Cup, having finished no worse than sixth in the three playoff events. He is long, confident and likely will be a strong Ryder Cup contributor at some point.
World ranking: 18.
Ryder Cups: Rookie.
Ryder Cup record: 0-0-0.
Career victories: 3.
2012 victories: Farmers Insurance Open.
2012 Majors: Masters-T19, US Open-DNP, British Open-T3, PGA Championship-Cut.
Backspin: Snedeker essentially played his way onto the team with his performance at two playoff events, and with a putting display at the British Open. His lone victory came at the expense of Kyle Stanley’s collapse at Torrey Pines. He missed a month in the summer with a rib injury, and it took him most of the year to replace a broken driver. He plays quick, he talks faster, he is high energy, he doesn’t back down and even the putts he misses look like they’re going in. The unknown is how he responds to loudest, most one-sided gallery in golf.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow