- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
US players in the Ryder Cup
Question of the Day
2012 Majors: Masters-DNP, US Open-Cut, British Open-T9, PGA Championship-T48.
Backspin: For all his talent, he has been described as “awkward” when it comes to team competition. He was a bust with Phil Mickelson at Wales, and he didn’t fare much better with Tiger Woods at the Presidents Cup last year. Still, he is playing as well as any American going into the Ryder Cup, having finished no worse than sixth in the three playoff events. He is long, confident and likely will be a strong Ryder Cup contributor at some point.
World ranking: 18.
Ryder Cups: Rookie.
Ryder Cup record: 0-0-0.
Career victories: 3.
2012 victories: Farmers Insurance Open.
2012 Majors: Masters-T19, US Open-DNP, British Open-T3, PGA Championship-Cut.
Backspin: Snedeker essentially played his way onto the team with his performance at two playoff events, and with a putting display at the British Open. His lone victory came at the expense of Kyle Stanley’s collapse at Torrey Pines. He missed a month in the summer with a rib injury, and it took him most of the year to replace a broken driver. He plays quick, he talks faster, he is high energy, he doesn’t back down and even the putts he misses look like they’re going in. The unknown is how he responds to loudest, most one-sided gallery in golf.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world