- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
US players in the Ryder Cup
2012 Majors: Masters-DNP, US Open-Cut, British Open-T9, PGA Championship-T48.
Backspin: For all his talent, he has been described as “awkward” when it comes to team competition. He was a bust with Phil Mickelson at Wales, and he didn’t fare much better with Tiger Woods at the Presidents Cup last year. Still, he is playing as well as any American going into the Ryder Cup, having finished no worse than sixth in the three playoff events. He is long, confident and likely will be a strong Ryder Cup contributor at some point.
World ranking: 18.
Ryder Cups: Rookie.
Ryder Cup record: 0-0-0.
Career victories: 3.
2012 victories: Farmers Insurance Open.
2012 Majors: Masters-T19, US Open-DNP, British Open-T3, PGA Championship-Cut.
Backspin: Snedeker essentially played his way onto the team with his performance at two playoff events, and with a putting display at the British Open. His lone victory came at the expense of Kyle Stanley’s collapse at Torrey Pines. He missed a month in the summer with a rib injury, and it took him most of the year to replace a broken driver. He plays quick, he talks faster, he is high energy, he doesn’t back down and even the putts he misses look like they’re going in. The unknown is how he responds to loudest, most one-sided gallery in golf.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014