- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
Westboro Baptists to picket ‘pervert-run’ Kansas colleges
Westboro Baptist Church members are picking up their picket signs and heading to four Kansas college graduation ceremonies.
The targeted schools: Johnson County Community College, Kansas State University, and the University of Kansas and its law school.
“Westboro Baptist Church will picket the graduation ceremonies of these fag-infested, pervert-run Kansas Colleges,” the group announced on its website. “We will give your children an opportunity to see what truth looks like. … God hates you, doomed America, for what you have done to your children.”
The group also says in its release, “God’s curse is on your brats, doomed America.”
Of Johnson County Community College graduates, Westboro members said, “You have raised a generation of selfish, arrogant, ignorant, proud beasts.” And of Kansas University Law School graduates, Westboro members had this to say: “These future unjust lawyers and judges are the reason for the mess this country finds herself in, as doomed America looks straight into God’s cross hairs. They promote fag sin instead of obedience to God’s law at their own and this nation’s peril.”
The graduation ceremonies — and the Westboro Baptist Church protests — are all scheduled on separate dates in May.
Westboro Baptist Church is based in Topeka, Kan.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Ole Miss fraternity shut after 3 accused of tying noose on statue of black student
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists' try to erect 'reason station' at city hall
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act — then promotes on Twitter
- Ben Carson presidential PAC outpaces Hillary, GOP
- Chocolate costs soar, becoming 'unaffordable' luxury
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.