- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Mobil 1 extends NASCAR partnership through 2017
Mobil 1 is entering its 11th year as an official NASCAR partner, a relationship that began in 2003 when it replaced Unocal 76 as the sport’s official lubricant. Mobil 1 will now be a contingency partner across all NASCAR national and touring series, the presenting sponsor of the Mobil 1 Driver of the Race Award, and the presenting sponsor of the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series.
The new deal takes ExxonMobil digital with the launch of the “NASCAR Automotive Technology Center Engineered by Mobil 1.” The technology-driven content will be on NASCAR.com, and Mobil 1 global brand manager Rebecca Aldred said it was key to this contract renewal.
“What’s appealing to us is the ability to be able to tell our technology story, and we know how engaged fans are involved from a digital standpoint,” she said. “We wanted a way to reach and engage the fans with the technology story and explain why half the NASCAR teams choose Mobil 1.”
According to Mobil 1 research, NASCAR fans are nearly twice as likely to prefer, try and recommend the brand because it is the “Official Motor Oil of NASCAR.” The company last year used Stewart and Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton in a popular commercial that showcased the brand but not the technology.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again