- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Woman killed after stepping in front of Metro train
A woman was killed Monday morning when she stepped in front of a Metro train at the Ballston Metro Station, officials said.
The woman was struck around 11:30 a.m. after she "intentionally placed herself in the path" of an Orange Line train. As of 12:30 p.m., rescue personnel were still on the scene trying to recover the woman's body, Metro spokesman Philip Stewart said.
The woman has not been identified.
Metro service has been suspended between Clarendon and East Falls Church as a result of the incident, and shuttle buses are transporting passengers between stations. Officials expect single track service to resume shortly between the stations, Mr. Stewart said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two bodies found under bridge near Southeast D.C. highway
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers
- EPA: District has second-most energy-efficient buildings
- D.C. autonomy bills introduced in Senate
- Ambitious legislation would reform traffic ticketing procedures
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.