- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
Cubs add ex-Nat Henry Rodriguez to bullpen
The hard-throwing Rodriguez was available out of the bullpen for the opener of a three-game series against the New York Mets. Cubs manager Dale Sveum said he planned to use the right-hander in a middle relief role at first and the team hopes to build up his endurance because he may be needed to pitch two innings at a time.
The 26-year-old was obtained Tuesday from Washington for minor league pitcher Ian Dickson after going 0-1 with 4.00 ERA in 17 appearances covering 18 innings this season. He struck out 11 and walked 16.
Control is often the problem for Rodriguez, who has a 4.23 ERA and 11 saves in five major league seasons with Oakland and Washington. He saved nine games for the Nationals last year.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014