- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Cubs add ex-Nat Henry Rodriguez to bullpen
The hard-throwing Rodriguez was available out of the bullpen for the opener of a three-game series against the New York Mets. Cubs manager Dale Sveum said he planned to use the right-hander in a middle relief role at first and the team hopes to build up his endurance because he may be needed to pitch two innings at a time.
The 26-year-old was obtained Tuesday from Washington for minor league pitcher Ian Dickson after going 0-1 with 4.00 ERA in 17 appearances covering 18 innings this season. He struck out 11 and walked 16.
Control is often the problem for Rodriguez, who has a 4.23 ERA and 11 saves in five major league seasons with Oakland and Washington. He saved nine games for the Nationals last year.
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again