- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Obamacare website to go offline daily, during early hours
A federal website tied to Obamacare has suffered from unexpected network outages and other hiccups, but at least one recurring problem will be intentional.
A message on HealthCare.gov says the online application function for those seeking health coverage will not be available each night from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. EST, when officials conduct maintenance.
“Additional down times may be possible as we work to make things better,” it said. “The rest of the site and the Marketplace call center remain available during these hours.”
The Obama administration launched a “tech surge” earlier this month to fix the flawed website, which is supposed to connect residents of 36 states with coverage but has given users heartburn since its balky launch Oct. 1.
Health officials are updating the media daily on their progress, and chief repairman Jeffrey Zients — a management expert tapped to oversee the fixes — says the site should be running smoothly for the “vast majority” of users by the end of the month.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Sebelius not running for Senate, HHS confirms: Report
- Red fox makes a home for himself at the White House: Report
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- Sen. Joe Manchin keeps his options open for 2016
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.