- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Topic - Belarus
Former state farm director Alexander Lukashenko has ruled Belarus with an iron fist for 20 years.
Canada lost in the quarterfinals at a fifth consecutive ice hockey world championship when Finland scored late to win 3-2 on Thursday.
Tyler Johnson scored twice to reduce the deficit in the third but the U.S., bronze medalists last year, came up short.Finland will play the Czech Republic in the semifinals on Saturday, while Russia will meet either defending champion Sweden or Belarus.
Three days after being helped off the ice, Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin was back practicing for Team Russia. Should he play?
Joel Ward scored two power-play goals and had an assist to lift Canada to a 3-2 victory over Norway at the ice hockey world championship on Tuesday, clinching first place in the group.
Joel Ward scored two power-play goals and had an assist to lift Canada to a 3-2 victory over Norway to clinch first place in its group at the ice hockey world championship on Tuesday.
Ward tied it at 1-1 in the second period before helping to set up Mark Scheifele for 2-2. He netted the winner — his sixth at the tournament — in the third with 9:17 left.
The International Ice Hockey Federation said Ovechkin will miss Russia's final group game against host Belarus on Tuesday but remains with the team.
Alex Ovechkin will miss at least one game at the world championship after injuring his right leg in a collision during Russia's game against Germany.
Alex Ovechkin was seen walking without crutches in a Belarus hotel late Sunday night after injuring his right knee hours earlier.
France clinched a spot in the quarterfinals of the ice hockey world championship with a 6-2 victory over Denmark on Monday, while Finland kept alive its hopes of advancing by beating Kazakhstan 4-3.
Washington Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin was taken to a hospital with a right leg injury Sunday after colliding with an opponent during Russia's game against Germany at the ice hockey world championships.
Russia secured a quarterfinals berth at the ice hockey world championship with a 4-1 win over Latvia on Saturday to remain unbeaten.
Cody Hodgson had a hat trick and Matt Read scored twice to lead Canada's 6-1 rout of Denmark at the ice hockey world championship on Thursday.
High-scoring Russia routed Kazakhstan 7-2 on Wednesday for its fourth straight victory at the ice hockey world championship.