- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Chad
Tshād), officially known as the Republic of Chad, is a landlocked country in central Africa. It is bordered by Libya to the north, Sudan to the east, the Central African Republic to the south, Cameroon and Nigeria to the southwest, and Niger to the west. Due to its distance from the sea and its largely desert climate, the country is sometimes referred to as the "Dead Heart of Africa". - Source: Wikipedia
Hundreds of Chadian soldiers began leaving neighboring Central African Republic on Friday, a day after the Chadian government said it was pulling out of the peacekeeping mission following criticism over the shooting deaths of more than 30 civilians.
The government of Chad said Thursday it is withdrawing more than 800 peacekeepers from a mission to stabilize neighboring Central African Republic after the Chadian troops came under scrutiny for firing into a crowd of civilians last week, killing at least 32 people.
Like so many grand schemes, an international organization dedicated to ensuring world peace and global harmony seemed like a good idea at the time. After 68 years, war, misery and human rights abuse haven't gone away. Part of the reason is that the United Nations has become an unwieldy bureaucracy that warmly embraces the worst offenders, elevating them to positions of honor and authority. On Thursday, it tapped Chad and Saudi Arabia to take seats on the 15-member Security Council.
Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Chad, Lithuania and Chile all won coveted seats on the U.N. Security Council Thursday, after there were no contested races for the first time in several years.
For more than 20 years, former Chadian dictator Hissene Habre lived a life of luxurious exile in Senegal, taking a second wife and watching "Seinfeld" shows.
One morning, a little girl named Achta sat in the front row of this village's only school and struggled mightily with the assignment her teacher had given her.
Though "Rubber" is at times ponderous and self-indulgent, there is something infectious about its mix of visual comedy, satire and outlandish narrative structure.
Libyan rebels are receiving reports that female snipers from Colombia have joined other mercenaries fighting to keep dictator Moammar Gadhafi in power.
An international aid agency says an alarming number of new cholera cases have been reported in Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria.
PORT HARCOURT, Nigeria