- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Christmas Eve
A southern New Jersey man is now headed to prison after he unsuccessfully sought to withdraw his guilty plea in the slaying of a man found shot to death at an apartment complex.
The Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation is investigating the family of Casper boy whose story about brain cancer led to an outpouring of community support.
The site of Washington's deadliest mass killing - the 1983 Wah Mee massacre - will be demolished because a Christmas Eve fire left the Chinatown building unsafe.
Joyce Gibson still is not out of rehab, two months after she was struck by a hit-and-run driver while crossing Beacon Drive at D Street. The white extended-cab pickup truck that struck her just kept on going.
A jury in Sioux Falls says a man accused in the death of his girlfriend's 1 ½-year-old son is guilty of manslaughter but not murder.
A man charged with murder in the death of a toddler in South Dakota has told a jury that he did not hurt the victim.
Numerous charges have been filed against a northern New Jersey man who allegedly abducted and sexually assaulted a woman.
Jurors are set to begin deliberations after hearing closing arguments Wednesday in the trial of a former pediatrician accused of waterboarding his longtime companion's daughter by holding the girl's head under a faucet.
A man has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the death of a Greensboro College security guard more than two years ago.
On Christmas Eve in 2012, one of Siloam Water District's wells on Mississippi Highway 46 failed. About 300 residences in northwest Clay County were without water until crews could manually open valves from other wells and restore supply.
A southern New Jersey man is seeking to withdraw his guilty plea in the slaying of a man found shot to death at an apartment complex.
Authorities have charged two men believed to have pulled off more than 20 armed robberies at convenience stores and other businesses in the Buffalo area during a five-week period.
A judge has ruled that a Panhandle teen accused in the Christmas Eve stabbing and bludgeoning death of his mother is incompetent to stand trial.
A central Pennsylvania man waived a preliminary hearing Wednesday in the shooting death of his infant daughter on Christmas Eve.
Animal-welfare officials say a dog that was rescued from a commercial trash bin on Long Island last month is now available for adoption.