- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Council Of Chief State School Officers
South Carolina schools would continue to implement Common Core education standards in math and reading, at least for a few years, under a compromise advancing in the Senate.
A petition with more than 9,000 signatures supporting Tennessee's Common Core standards was released Tuesday amid efforts by some lawmakers to do away with them.
The Hutchinson News, Feb. 22
South Dakota's use of Common Core standards will stand after a legislative committee voted down Monday two bills that would have supplanted the standards and kept some of the state's students from taking tests based on those standards.
Lawmakers have proposed a number of measures this legislative session targeting Tennessee's Common Core standards - including a proposal to do away with them.
A slim majority of the South Dakota House rejected a resolution Wednesday to halt expansion of the Common Core State Standards on Wednesday.
Republican activist Sheri Few announced Friday that she's running for South Carolina schools superintendent on a platform of blocking education standards known as Common Core.
A Fairfax County woman is one of four finalists for the 2014 National Teacher of the Year.
The growing backlash against the nationwide K-12 school standards known as Common Core, bubbling to the surface in Indiana, Michigan and elsewhere, has become the hottest story in education.
Resistance to the nationwide K-12 school standards known as Common Core is now on full display in Indiana.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan would be a very wise man if he started paying close attention to the sticks being poked in the eyes of the Obama administration regarding those one-size-fits-all Common Core State Standards.
Lawmakers in Michigan are taking the lead in the fight to stop Common Core as a backlash against the state-driven education system continues to grow.
The Common Core system is meant to unify K-12 education standards in states across the nation. It's having the opposite effect within the Republican Party, as a rift grows between supporters including high-profile figures such as Jeb Bush, Mitch Daniels and other Republicans who had a hand in crafting it and those who fear it's a well-disguised federal takeover of schools.
Homer didn't tweet.
The three R's of learning are readin', writin' and 'rithmetic. Now hold that thought for a few minutes because we, dearest readers, have lost focus.