- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Democratic Society
It is now apparent that our president has lied to us. He lied when he crooned soothingly about improving the health care of millions of Americans through vast changes in health care policy that would actually lower their costs.
President Obama raised more than $56 million in the fourth quarter of 2011 for his re-election bid, $24 million of which came through a channel that allowed him to raise money from wealthy donors in chunks of more than $30,000.
With the nation reeling under the impact of terrorist bombs and urban rioting as Vietnam War protests turned violent, Presidents Johnson and Nixon tasked the CIA with determining whether hostile foreign governments were fostering the deadly turmoil incited by black nationalist groups such as the Black Panther Party (BPP) and New Left outfits such as Students for a Democratic Society (SDS).
Carl Oglesby, a dynamic activist in the 1960s who headed the campus organization Students for a Democratic Society and gave an influential and frequently quoted speech denouncing the Vietnam War and those who broke his "American heart," died Tuesday. He was 76.
Carl Oglesby, a dynamic activist in the 1960s who headed the campus organization Students for a Democratic Society and gave an influential and frequently quoted speech denouncing the Vietnam War and those who broke his "American heart," has died at age 76.
It's no secret how the KGB was actively involved in bankrolling and furthering the radical student and hippie movements of the 1960s in hopes that stinky, stoned hippies and violent America-hating radicals like Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dohrn and dupes in the Weathermen, Students for a Democratic Society and others would topple America or cause it great harm. Why do you think they call it dope?
"As I teach it, 'The Iliad' is primarily about a fundamental choice Achilleus must make ... what kind of life is best for human beings, or, at least, what kind of life is best for him," writes Robert T. Miller in the fall issue of Dappled Things.
Here's a surprising analysis of the American family I recently found:
This infallible newspaper reports that up for sale is one of the most famous scenes of infantilism in the 20th century, "Woodstock." Actually on the block is the late Max Yasgur's New York farm, 38 acres of which were used for the 1969 Woodstock music festival that hagiographers for the "1960s Generation" have ever since boomed as a pivotal event in American history.