- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Gary Barta
The roof literally caved in on Indiana.
Former longtime Iowa defensive coordinator Norm Parker has died. He was 72.
The list of people named as supporters of proposals in a nine-page memo sent to the committee that will meet later this month in Chicago to consider updates to the Uniform Athlete Agents Act:
Iowa baseball coach Jack Dahm is out after 10 seasons with the Hawkeyes.
Maryland and Rutgers are in discussions with the Big Ten to possibly join the conference in 2014, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.
Iowa's athletic director says basketball coach Fran McCaffery went too far when he slammed a chair to the court during last week's blowout loss at Michigan State.
Iowa defensive coordinator Norm Parker said Sunday that he's retiring after 13 seasons with the Hawkeyes.
One of the 13 Iowa players hospitalized after an intensive weightlifting exercise in January says he's planning to transfer to another school.
A University of Iowa investigative committee said Wednesday the school should scrap an intense workout that left 13 football players hospitalized, conceding that whatever triggered their injuries remains a mystery.
The University of Iowa says 12 football players have been hospitalized for symptoms likely related to offseason workouts.
Even though Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz suspended starting running back Adam Robinson for the Insight Bowl, Ferentz expected Robinson to eventually earn back his spot with the Hawkeyes.
Kirk Ferentz has said for years that he doesn't plan on leaving Iowa anytime soon, turning down overtures to the NFL seemingly every offseason.
Kirk Ferentz has said for years that he doesn't plan on leaving Iowa anytime soon, turning down overtures to the NFL seemingly offseason.
Iowa athletic director Gary Barta says the Hawkeyes have identified Wisconsin, Nebraska and Minnesota as three rivals they'd like to play as much as possible in a realigned Big Ten.
Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said his team was reluctantly heading home, and that he would work with Glass and Big Ten officials to come up with a new game date, and possibly a different venue for the Hoosiers and third-place Hawkeyes (19-6, 8-4).
"Obviously, we are disappointed tonight's game had to be cancelled," Barta said.